The political pros and cons of Medicare for All and Medicare buy-in plans for Democrats, and how they may handle it in Congress and the presidential campaign.
A look at the ballot initiative votes in Idaho, Nebraska, Utah, and Montana, and the implications of the gubernatorial elections in Kansas, Maine and Wisconsin.
We analyze the impact of the repeal of the individual mandate penalty and the expansion of loosely-regulated plans.
Short-term plans can charge premiums that are 54 percent lower by:
- Excluding coverage of pre-existing conditions or denying insurance altogether to people with such conditions.
- Limiting or not covering benefits such as prescription drugs, maternity care, mental health and substance use treatment.
Global Health Policy
- Medicaid/CHIP enrollment likely to decline.
- Over 14M Medicaid and CHIP enrollees live in a household with a noncitizen.
- 94 percent of noncitizens who entered the U.S. without legal permanent resident status have characteristics the government could weigh against them in public charge determinations.
Women's Health Policy
The Trump Administration proposed new regulations in June for the Federal Title X family planning program that could significantly impact the network of providers currently available to low-income women.