About 6.7 million out of 17.5 million Americans who buy coverage in the non-group market would feel the effects of sharp premium increases in 2018. That is a significant number of people, and an urgent problem for Washington to solve, but it isn’t a system-wide crisis.
out of 3,143 counties are at risk of zero insurers offering plans on the 2018 marketplace.
Insurer financial data through the first quarter of 2017 suggest the individual market has been stabilizing and insurers in this market are regaining profitability.
Women's Health Policy
- Number of Traditional & Expansion Medicaid Enrollees
- Federal & Expansion Medicaid Spending Amounts
- Reduction in Number of People without Insurance, 2013-2015
- Estimated Number of People with Declinable Pre-Existing Condition
- Subsidies for People with Individual Market Plans
- States’ Role in Regulations
- Women’s Health
A look at Medicaid’s role for 52 million nonelderly children and adults living in the most rural areas in the United States.